We are looking for our first Technical Writer that will own the design, development and production of high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. You will join a team that works collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
What You Will Be Doing
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Working with internal team members on product documentation
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand online help and developer guides
- Write documentation that is portable between PDF and HTML formats
- Explore various media forms developing content
- Maintain a consistent and cohesive “look and feel” across all documentation
- BS or Equivalent 5+ years industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Technical Writer
- Proven experience in technical writing of software documentation in a complex product environment
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures for a variety of audiences
- Ability to generate documentation in PDF and HTML formats
- Excellent written skills
- Experience working with Engineering to improve user experience (design, UI, refining content, visuals and diagrams for technical support content)
- Good understanding of product development life cycle
Nice to have:
- Certification from the Society for Technical Communicators
- Previous software development experience.
- An understanding of networking, storage or virtualization technologies
Diamanti, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Diamanti, Inc. complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination in places where we operate.
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Contact: [email protected]