The software industry has experienced many changes over the years, and it is not possible to deny this fact. Today containers are revolutionizing the way people build, package, and deploy software. Software developers are more interested in containerization and CaaS. In most cases, these are either front-end developers who need to interact with APIs, or mobile app developers who need a back-end to collect application content. Meet both of these requirements with CaaS. Additionally, business owners are facing the limitations of traditional content management systems as the need grows to deliver content across multiple channels, beyond websites, social media, smart and mobile devices.
Containers are revolutionizing the way people build, package, and deploy software. Container as a Service (CaaS) is a cloud-based service that enables software developers and IT departments to upload, configure, run, scale, and manage containers using container-based virtualization. CaaS replaces virtual machines by behaving like an operating system. Instead of trying to recreate the work of hardware and software, CaaS uses a self-contained delivery model that lets applications complete tasks in the cloud. As self-contained services, clients can use CaaS in any environment. The scalability, automated provisioning, and resource management capabilities of Container as a Service offerings help streamline the development process. Inconsistencies in the infrastructure environment are eliminated as developers can modify and provision containers at scale. The most popular orchestration technologies used within the CaaS framework are Docker, Kubernetes, Red hat Open shift, GCP, AWS and Azure.
A typical CAAS workflow looks like
A Kubernetes-based container as a service (CaaS) platform architecture enables developers to build and update enterprise applications faster. However, because Kubernetes requires a container-native storage and data management solution to address the barriers (persistent storage, automated operations, data mobility, backup and disaster recovery, data security) that impede widespread adoption of Kubernetes. Most apps can’t run on Kubernetes alone.
The Diamanti Enterprise Kubernetes platform provides a turnkey solution for deploying modern cloud-native containerized databases and related applications. With bare-metal architecture, guaranteed QoS, and PCIe-level isolation for storage and networking, the Diamanti platform delivers guaranteed peak performance for CaaS environments.
Diamanti Ultima provides an integrated data plane for the CaaS platform. It provides a container-native storage and data management infrastructure for supporting and deploying enterprise-scale applications. Diamanti provides persistent storage, automated operations, data mobility, backup and disaster recovery, and data security. Additionally, integrated BYOK (bring your own key) encryption and role-based user access control protects critical data and sensitive applications running in different environments. Supporting the most popular data service providers, Diamanti ensures that your architecture and partner ecosystem are fully supported by a secure, purpose-built, reliable solution reliable and highly available.
Enterprises using Diamanti have been able to supercharge their application performance and data services, while dramatically reducing both costs and the size of their data center footprint. Customers have been able to:
- Reduce TCO for Kubernetes deployments by 70%.
- Achieve guaranteed performance with >1M IOPs per node and latencies below 1 millisecond for database workloads.
- Shrink their hardware footprint by 80%.
- High Availability and Multi-Zone Deployments: Diamanti multi-zone clusters allow Kubernetes nodes to be distributed across different availability zones (failure domains), ensuring applications can achieve.
- Objective/Recovery Time Objective (RPO/RTO) of zero Storage-Level Mirroring, Snapshots, Replication.
- Meet SLAs with Guaranteed QoS: With customizable performance tiers, a Diamanti platform administrator can specify storage and network bandwidth for each database instance.
When architecting an enterprise-grade Kubernetes platform, developers run into numerous data recovery challenges:
- Teams rely on traditional, machine-based backups that require highly manual recovery that don’t “speak” Kubernetes
- Platforms must be able recover applications running in multiple containers, on-premises and in the cloud
- Data recovery must happen at container granularity — rather than just at the machine level
- DR must be configurable at the application level, so that the entire application can be recovered in the event of a disaster — not just a few microservices
Diamanti lets you easily backup and recover your Kubernetes clusters, including application configurations, with a single command. Our powerful tools for every data service facilitate database backups and help expedite automated disaster recovery. Scheduled backups of data volumes, app configurations, and objects enable rapid recovery and reduce the risk of data loss. With Diamanti, secure your Kubernetes deployment with tools that automatically backup and protect your entire application stack including resource definitions, configurations, and databases. Enable scheduled backups that will facilitate the import and restoration of your Kubernetes cluster in the event of a disaster.
Leading organizations use Diamanti for disaster recovery in their most critical environments. With Diamanti, enterprises can gain:
- Automated disaster recovery across complex hybrid cloud environments
- 100% fault tolerance
- 5x the level of data production
- Global unification of Kubernetes operations and application policies, across both public cloud and on-premises infrastructure
Diamanti is a proven leader in container management, with advanced and proprietary container orchestration algorithms to handle whatever enterprise workloads can throw at it. At the same time, we keep our customers in control of their organization’s IT environments. The provisioning and deployment of container-based applications can be done in less time and can easily handle different types of services and applications using Kubernetes. Therefore, it makes it easier for the developers and organizations to implement and deploy CaaS as per the requirement. So regardless of your business, Diamanti will be able to handle whatever workloads you throw at it. For more information, check out our website, or contact us